So, I’ve reached 50. The big Five-Oh. So, I thought I should mark it in some way. How about I list 50 things you may or may not know about me (don’t go getting your hopes up, there’ll be nothing to enable identity theft or any blackmail opportunities).
So, here we go:
9) I’ve never watched a film “because it won awards”. In fact it usually makes me NOT want to watch a film.
10) I’m a little afraid about growing old.
11) I can hold on to pointless knowledge, but forget what I had for tea a few days before.
12) I now regret not holding on to my eldest son when my ex-wife handed him to me on a plate.
13) I always look for the good in people. Sometimes I really have to try very hard.
14) I’ve always harboured dreams of being a writer in some capacity. Even when my careers advisor effectively laughed at me.
15) I’ve tried other jobs, but Insurance just seems to come naturally…
16) I want to visit the USA.
17) I don’t make friends easily, but when I do, it’s usually long lasting. Ask Messrs Heath, Mallett, Shepherd, Holland and Sherriff.
18) I do intend to get married just one more time.
19) I don’t mind being on my own, but I hate being alone. There is a difference.
20) I’ve never seen a dead body. When my grandpa died, people thought it might be a good idea to see him in the chapel of rest, but I point blank refused.
21) I absolutely hate all Apple Inc products – iPhone, iPad etc… overblown pieces of junk.
22) I also despise Rupert Murdoch and all he stands for.
23) I sometimes watch CBeebies for my own entertainment.
24) I like a good jigsaw. Puzzle, not woodwork tool!
25) I don’t like Horror films. What’s the point of being scared half to death?
26) I would be good to have on your Pub Quiz team.
|I’ve never been here|
32) I’m crap at drawing.
33) I have my girlfriend in stitches with my Pope Benedict XVI impression.
34) I only started growing sideburns after I seperated from my ex-wife. She always said they looked stupid.
35) I think the footballer Robbie Fowler is a legend.
36) When Michael Thomas scored the Arsenal goal that won them the title in 1989, I ran into my room and cried for about an hour.
37) Princess Diana’s death meant nothing to me.
38) I took my time getting into Harry Potter.
39) I like a nice Gin and Tonic to drink.
40) I once wrote a letter to a girl I liked. And didn’t follow it up. Oops!
41) I’m not really a garden person.
42) I think of myself as a creator, not a worker. Others call me a lazy bastard who doesn’t like getting his hands dirty!
|Dusseldorf Airport – scene of my 30th birthday|
And there you have it. Fifty things about me. I’m not sure if I’ll repeat this idea for my 100th post. I’ll probably do something completely different.